Toledo Disability Injury Attorneys
Aggressive Advocates for You
Injuries in general are difficult to cope with after an accident. They interrupt your life and can be isolating as you deal with private physical and mental pain, not to mention the financial pressures you face after your medical bills begin piling up. Unfortunately, some of the most serious injuries are those that you can’t completely recover from. Disability injuries completely alter a person’s life and require thousands of dollars to treat over time. If you were disabled by an accident caused by negligence, our Toledo disability injury attorneys can pursue justice on your behalf. Rubin & Zyndorf Associates is a respected law firm backed by decades of experience and success. We go above and beyond for our clients to achieve their desired results.
What is a Permanent Disability?
A permanent disability is any form of injury that impairs a person’s ability to perform activities or work, whether physically or mentally, for the rest of their life. There are different types of permanent disability, and a person can be partially or completely disabled. Even if a person can walk and perform duties, that doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have a permanent disability.
Types of Permanent Disabilities
Disability injuries can vary depending on the nature of the accident. Though they can also vary in severity, disabilities generally prevent a person from returning to work or living their personal lives in the way they did before the accident.
Common types of permanent disability injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Damage to elbows, knees, and joints
- Permanent back pain
Common Causes of Disability Injuries
Disabilities can result from a wide range of accidents, though there are common accidents our team works with that are known to produce catastrophic and permanent injuries.
Common causes of disabilities include:
- Car accidents: Because car accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in the United States, it’s no surprise that they can also cause disabilities. Head-on collisions are one of the most dangerous types of accidents and occurs when the front ends of two cars collide. These types of accidents can produce head and brain injuries that individuals may never be able to recover from, as they can cause permanent brain damage. Serious car accidents are often caused by speeding and reckless driving, as well as by driving while intoxicated.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists often experience more serious injuries than passenger car drivers because of their lack of outer protection, as well as seat belts. It’s all too common for motorcyclists to be thrown from their bikes upon collision, and they can easily suffer from injuries like internal bleeding, brain trauma, spinal cord and neck injuries, and more.
- Pedestrian accidents: Individuals are extremely vulnerable to disability injuries when they’ve been struck by vehicles due their lack of protection and the sheer weight, size, and speed of the vehicles.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Because permanent disabilities have a lifelong impact on a person’s work life, finances, and overall quality of life, seeking the financial compensation you’re entitled to from the party responsible for your accident is important. Our disability injury attorneys have recovered more than $100 million for injured clients and can fight for your rights to compensation, too.
Through our legal representation, we can strengthen your claim and recover damages including:
- Medical expenses for treatment, medicine, therapy, hospital stays, and other expenses
- Lost wages or future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
We have resources and knowledge that you need to investigate your accident and provide evidence to support your injury claim. With us on your side, you don’t need to worry about interpreting legal jargon or filling out pages of paperwork. Allow us to represent you so you can focus on healing.
Call (419) 273-6797 to schedule a same-day consultation with one of our Toledo disability injury attorneys. With more than 80 years of combined experience, we can be trusted to represent you in your case.
“Always extremely helpful, willing to listen, and work With you. I have used them on a variety of things, and they are always very knowledgeable.”- Garth H.
“Great Attorney firm, small, personal, effective. I've been working with this firm since 1997.”- Jesse C.
“Very professional and attentive of your needs.”- Jody S.